Thursday, July 28, 2011

Psalm 62 & Kari Jobe

So as you may know, this has just been a difficult year for me, especially the last few months with the stress and disappointment of looking for a job.  However, God has provided a lot of encouragement for me through other people, the promises in His Word, and even through the lyrics of songs.  In this post I'd like to share a Bible passage that has been especially powerful in my life the past week, as well as a song by Kari Jobe that I came back across tonight.  I really desire for these to be my continual prayer as I go through this seemingly difficult time in my life!

**Psalm 62:1-2, 5-8**
"For God alone my soul waits in silence; from Him comes my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken...For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken.  On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us."


**Beautiful by Kari Jobe**


Here before Your altar
I am letting go of all I've held
Of every motive, every burden
Everything that's of myself

And I just wanna wait on You, my God
I just wanna dwell on who You are

Beautiful, beautiful
Oh, I am lost for more to say
Beautiful, beautiful
Oh Lord You're beautiful to me

Here in Your presence
I am not afraid of brokenness
To wash Your feet with humble tears
I would be poured out till nothing's left

And I just wanna wait on You, my God
I just wanna dwell on who You are

Beautiful, beautiful
Oh, I am lost for more to say
Beautiful, beautiful
Oh Lord You're beautiful to me

Holy, holy, holy You are, You are

Beautiful, beautiful
Oh, I am lost for more to say
Beautiful, beautiful
Oh Lord You're beautiful to me

No comments:

Post a Comment